Something a little different.
The pictures of my daughters captured them perfectly. Well done!
You took such amazing photos. We never order school photos, but this year, we had to because it was such a great picture
When it comes to your school photo program, Little Black Umbrella Photography provides something a little different. We are a private family portrait studio with extensive experience photographing children of all ages. Our flexible, online ordering system is easy to use, and we trust our printing to only the best professional labs available!
We are proud of what we do and strive to produce the kind of images that parents are excited to display in their homes.
Is your school ready for a change?
School Photo Programs
Our team is comprised of industry professionals that have several years of experience photographing and working with children. We know all the tricks of the trade to capture the best smiles!
Where large corporate providers rush through photo day as though it were an inconvenience, we prefer to take the appropriate amount of time to capture each student and edit at least three images per student. We love giving parents options. Our print products are the highest quality available in the industry, and best of all, you can order pre-made packages, or build your own custom package.
Our school programs include several elements to ensure both parents and school administrators receive what they need each year:
- Individual student and staff portraits on two backdrops. Scheduled over 1-3 days depending on student population. We utilize real backdrops for a more crisp and authentic portrait. We do not use green screens for our portraits.
- Re-Take Photo Day. A half-day for re-takes is scheduled to accommodate students needing their photo re-shot, or for any student that missed photo day.
- Online Proofing and Ordering. Students are sent home with an access code for their online proofing gallery. Digital file purchases are made available for instant download.
- Zip File of one image per student for ID cards. Images are resized and named according to school district requirements.
- Class Photos & School Wide Photo. Scheduled in the Spring – indoors or outdoors, weather dependent.
Our team is truly dedicated to providing the exceptional and personalized customer service that only a small company can provide. We only work with a few schools each year to ensure we don’t compromise the level of support available to parents and school administrators.
Looking for a unique way to engage with your school’s families and raise funds for the PAC? Little Black Umbrella offers both Winter and Spring Family Photo days with a high percentage of each sitting fee going to the PAC.
- Winter Family Photo Night
Typically for the winter photo night, we schedule weekday afternoons/evenings for families to book a 10 minute sitting. During each session, we utilize two sets to capture portraits of the children, siblings and the family. In most cases, over two nights we can schedule up to 50 spots. These sessions are great for the holiday greeting card! Print packages are made available for purchase through a custom online gallery.
- Spring Family Mini-Sessions
Our Spring mini-sessions take place at a local setting vetted by the photographers. We schedule 20 minute sessions back to back to capture beautiful family portraits worthy of display on the wall! In most cases, a weekend event can fit 15-20 families. Ordering sessions are scheduled in our studio to give families the opportunity to see images on a large display, and have more example prints and wall gallery layouts to see in person.
- Winter Family Photo Night